Attn: Veterinary Technology application will be accepted March 1, 2017 - June 16, 2017.
New Applicants that are interested in the Veterinary Technology program must meet and complete the following requirements as applies:
- Student must complete a general application for admission to Hinds Community College and meet ALL admission requirements prior to interview date.
- Provide validation of high school transcript or GED equivalency transcript
- Send transcript from all colleges attended previously prior to applying to Hinds Community College
- Applicant must complete a Selection Application for Veterinary Technology Students in order to be considered for interview prior to the application deadline.
- Applicant should have successfully completed Level 2 Math (MAT0123) and have attained Level 3 Math (MAT-1233-Intermediate Algebra) or higher OR has scored 17 or above on the Math portion of the ACT. If the student has not taken the ACT test the applicant can take the ACCUPLACER that is given through the Hinds CC Counseling Office.
- Applicants must interview for selection prior to the program.
- It is highly recommended that applicants have work experience or shadowing experience in a veterinary practice prior to interview. (See observation document located on Veterinary Technology website)
Applicants must complete a minimum of 35 hours of observation in a veterinary clinic prior to interview. Observation hours must be completed and the observation form submitted prior to the applicant’s scheduled interview.
*Students that are reapplying for program must complete the following. Please note that a student will be allowed to reapply for the Veterinary Technology program only one time.
- Complete application to Hinds Community College and have met all admission requirements prior to interview. (If student has set out one semester he or she must reapply for admissions to the college.)
- Reapply students must complete a Selection Application for the Veterinary Technology program and interview with selection committee.
- Students that are reapply applicants must take an Improvement of Study Skills class (LLS 1413) either prior to the semester to which they will be reapplying OR take LLS1413 during the semester they reenter the program.