Music Major Scholarships
Full tuition and one half tuition scholarships are available for incoming freshmen who plan to major in music. Students need to have an ACT composite score of 16 or higher to be considered. These students should make application and schedule an audition through the Music Office. Since freshman music majors enroll in an average of 18 hours, it’s important that they be prepared for college work. Students enrolled in more than one development course will have an opportunity to audition for a scholarship upon completion of developmental courses with a 3.0 GPA. After the first semester of award, the music major scholarship is renewable for three semesters, provided that the semester GPA in music remains at 3.0 or above and the overall GPA is 2.5 or above. Music Major Scholarship Application
For more information or to schedule an audition, contact Annie Moore at 601.857.3271 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Clef Scholarships (Vocal Ensemble)
There are a limited number of scholarships available to students who are not majoring in music. Chosen by audition from the HCC choir, the students will enroll in voice lessons and will be required to meet choral and vocal obligations as set forth in the course policy sheet. The audition will include, but not limited to, sight singing and personal interviews. Awards will be applied to the student's outstanding balance in the Business Office at the end of the semester. The maximum award is $200.00 and will be renewable at the end of the fall semester for the spring semester.
Auditions for these scholarships will be announced to the HCC choir during the second week of classes. For more information, please call Terry Fletcher at 601.857.3481.
Foundation Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis to students who are involved in extracurricular activities, have a desire for achievement, show excellence in the classroom, and/or have a need for financial assistance. Foundation scholarships are awarded in many areas. Click here for Foundation Scholarship Applications and Instructions.
To apply, submit the following:
- Application for Admission to Hinds Community College
- Application for Foundation Scholarships, which includes a summary of why you feel you should be considered for this scholarship, list of achievements and statement of financial need, if applicable.
- High school and/or college transcript
- ACT scores (or GED scores, if applicable)
- Three recommendations from individuals representing school, church, community, civic, work, etc. It is the student’s responsibility to make sure their recommendations have been submitted by appropriate deadlines.
Submit the above as a complete packet by March 1 to:
P.O. Box 1100
Raymond, MS 39154-1100
Foundation Scholarships for Musicians
Foundation scholarships are awarded in many areas. Submit application and packet above to see what you are eligible for. Foundation Scholarships for musicians are listed below:
Carl Ashby, Jr. Memorial Scholarship
- Must be a full time student pursuing a degree in music and maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Must be a graduate of Vicksburg-Warren School District
- Must demonstrate financial need
Tenhet Endowed Scholarship
- Must be a full time student (first preference will be given to a student who plays saxophone in the band and second preference to a student who plays a woodwind instrument in the band)
- Must have a 3.0 GPA
Jessie McLendon Thrash Endowed Scholarship
- Must be a full time student studying the art of piano and/or organ
- Must have 2.5 or better GPA
Jane Klinck-State Farm Insurance Scholarship
- Must be enrolled in HCC Orchestra and string lessons at HCC
- Must maintain 2.5 or better cumulative GPA
James L. Reeves Choir Scholarship
- Must be a full time student and a member of the Raymond Campus Choir
- Must have 2.5 GPA
- Must have 3.5 Choir GPA