What Is ACCUPLACER?
ACCUPLACER is an untimed, computerized test that helps your college evaluate your skills and place you into appropriate courses. ACCUPLACER offers tests in reading comprehension, sentence skills, and arithmetic. ACCUPLACER is offered at no-charge to those needing the test for admission purposes.
What students need to know and do prior to testing:
- Students must have an application on file in Admissions so scores can be entered into the system. This must be done before a student can test.
- The ACCUPLACER test is not timed. It usually takes 1½ to 2 hours to complete.
- Test results are available immediately following the test.
- No cellular phones, pagers, timers, gum, candy, drinks, food, or tobacco products are allowed in the testing room.
- ACCUPLACER scores are non-transferable to other colleges.
- Children are not allowed in the testing center.
What students should bring for testing:
1. A current valid government issued picture identification (driver’s license, state issued ID, or passport).
2. A registration advising ticket from Admissions.
Students who have taken the ACT:
Students who have taken the ACT, but wish to improve their placement levels may only attempt the ACCUPLACER test one time. ACCUPLACER is divided into three individual tests. A student may choose to skip any of the three tests but will not be allowed another opportunity to complete a test that was skipped. Testing must take place at least 12 calendar days before the first day of class. Students taking the ACCUPLACER for initial placement and admission shall be given first priority to test.
Students who have not taken the ACT:
A student who has not taken the ACT may take the ACCUPLACER test twice. The second attempt must be one week or more after the first testing date and the student should complete appropriate tutorial work prior to taking the second test. Testing must take place at least 12 calendar days before the first day of class. A student will forfeit the second testing attempt if there are less than 12 calendar days before the start of classes for the semester. Students taking the ACCUPLACER for initial placement and admission shall be given first priority to test. Test dates and times are available by calling the campus where you will be testing.
ACCUPLACER Test Dates by Campus:
|Jackson Campus - Academic/Technical Center||601.987.8153|
|Jackson Campus - Nursing/Allied Health Center||601.376.4814|
Visit the ACCUPLACER Web-Based Study App Access hundreds of questions to familiarize yourself with the ACCUPLACER basic content and experience. Get the free App.