The Hinds Community College Foundation seeks to enhance the educational mission of the college in many ways but primarily by awarding scholarships to deserving students. Foundation Scholarship awards are based on classroom excellence, involvement in extracurricular activities, financial need, desire for achievement, and letters of recommendation. Criteria vary per scholarship.
Unless otherwise indicated, Foundation Scholarships are awarded to full-time students who enroll in a minimum of 15 credit hours. Minimum grade point average varies per Foundation scholarship; however all applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or above. Students wishing to be considered for scholarships on the basis of financial need should have the results of their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) sent to Hinds CC prior to the March 1st deadline.
Foundation scholarship candidates must submit all required documentation by March 1st each year to the Office of Enrollment Services, P.O. Box 1100, Raymond, MS 39154 for consideration. For more information on Foundation Scholarship requirements, please call 601.857.3744.
- Application for Admission to Hinds Community College (Apply online at www.hindscc.edu)
- Application for Foundation Scholarships which includes a summary of why you feel you should be considered for this scholarship, list of achievements and statement of financial need, if applicable. Apply online or print the paper application.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals representing school, church, community, civic, work, etc. It is the student’s responsibility to make sure their recommendations have been submitted Office of Enrollment Services by March 1st. A standard recommendation form may be used.
- Copy of high school and/or college appropriate transcripts demonstrating a GPA of 2.0 or above. Transcripts submitted to the Office of Admissions and Records are not available to the scholarship committee.
- Foundation Scholarship Cumulative GPA Verification Form which is to be completed by the student’s high school counselor. This form is required ONLY if the student’s high school transcript does not include a Cumulative GPA. This form does not replace the high school transcript requirement for applying for a Foundation Scholarship.
- ACT scores (or GED scores, if applicable).
Incomplete application packets will not be considered for a Foundation Scholarship.
All requirements must be postmarked or delivered in person by March 1st to the Office of Enrollment Services on the Raymond Campus. Scholarship decisions are generally made in early April or May and are awarded for the Fall semester. For questions, please call 601.857.3744 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What can a Hinds Community College Foundation Scholarship do for you? Hear from current Hinds students how receiving a Foundation Scholarship is helping them achieve their dreams!