Save your money
Tuition and fees at Hinds are less than half the cost of attending a public four-year university in Mississippi.
See the Value - Save money and stretch your financial aid!
Spring and Fall 2016 Avg. Tuition and Fees
Apply for Financial Aid
- Step 1 - Get Started
- Need help with the FAFSA?
- Step 2 - Documents
- Step 3
- Step 4 - Payment
- Apply for admission to Hinds Community College. In order to disburse financial aid, students must meet admission requirements.
- Apply for Hinds Community College Scholarships. Read scholarships application carefully some have additional application requirements and early deadlines.
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
You will need the following for the FAFSA Section H, No. 90 form:
002407 (Title IV School Code)
Hinds Community College
Entering the school code will ensure that Hinds Community College receives your information electronically.
- Renewal Applications are available for all students who filed the FAFSA the prior year. Please use your renewal application instead of completing a new form by using the PIN sent to you by the Department of Education. The FAFSA needs to be submitted by the April 1 priority deadline in order to be considered for all types of financial aid.
Watch this video:
Complete your financial aid file by submitting all documents requested to the Financial Aid Office. This may include student's and/or parent's tax transcript, Financial Aid Payment and Policy Notification Form,and other forms, or documents required by federal, state, and Hinds Community College to complete your file.
Once your financial aid file is complete, an award notification letter showing the type and amount of aid awarded will be mailed to you.
Financial Aid will be posted to the students account 10 days prior to the first day of class each semester. To check the status of your financial aid, check my.hinds
A student must be enrolled in at least six (6) semester hours at the time of disbursement and all admissions requirements must be completed.
Students who have not completed the above steps prior to the "payment due date" given on the billing statement should contact the Business Office to arrange a fee payment plan.