Grant Development Steps
STEP 1 Have an idea for a project and find a grant to fund it.
STEP 2 Complete the Pre-Proposal Short Form for grants $100,000 or less
Complete the Pre-Proposal Concept Form for grants $100,001 or more
STEP 3 The Pre-Proposal Approval Routing approved by immediate supervisor, Dean, Vice President.
STEP 4 Refine project design and begin writing full proposal with input of all grant participants.
STEP 5 Write the grant proposal if you receive authorization to do so.
STEP 6 The grant proposal undergoes review:
- Human Resources reviews hiring procedures, job descriptions and salary
- The grants accountant reviews the budget, sustainability, in-kind, and match
- The grants office reviews the entire proposal
- Your supervisor reviews the entire proposal
- After the review, make any necessary changes to the application
STEP 7 President Muse signs the completed application.
STEP 8 Submit the completed proposal to the funding entity.