Welcome to the Vicksburg-Warren Campus of Hinds Community College! Conveniently located on Highway 27 in Vicksburg, MS, we are a commuter campus which offers a wide variety of programs to help you reach your educational and career goals. In addition, we work to meet the workforce needs of our local businesses and industries through specialized skill training.
- About Vicksburg
- Programs of Study
- Student Activities
- Student Services
- Contact Us
Get to know the Vicksburg-Warren Campus:
- We offer a full schedule of academic courses taught day, night, hybrid, and online.
- Your academic classes are guaranteed to transfer to Mississippi’s universities.
- We offer 12 career and technical programs that can be 1 - 2 years in length.
- Class sizes are small so you teachers get to know you and help you succeed.
- Students may take advantage of our computer lab where free tutors are available, offering assistance in English and Math.
- High school students can take dual enrollment or dual credit courses by enrolling in Hinds courses while still in high school.
- Our Work-Based Learning and Cooperative Education opportunities allow students to receive credit for working in local industries directly related to their college programs of study.
- The Vicksburg Campus the Vicksburg Career Center with career programs for local high school students.
The Vicksburg Campus offers all the academic courses you need to obtain your Associates of Art degree, and transfer to a university. Our counselors will help you choose the right courses that you need to pursue any bachelor’s degree. The Vicksburg Campus offers a variety of math, science, English, humanities, fine arts, and behavioral and social science courses, and these academic courses at Hinds are guaranteed to transfer to Mississippi’s universities. Attending Hinds before a university will save you over $8,000 in tuition costs! In addition, we maintain a close relationship with Mississippi’s universities to ensure that your credits transfer. Be sure to check out the Mississippi Articulation Transfer Tool to guide you through academic transfer programs.
Career and Technical programs are designed to give you hands-on training and education to equip you with a skill set for a specific profession. These programs can be 1 - 2 years in length and result in either the Career Certificate, Technical Certificate, or Associate of Applied Science Degree:
- Animation and Simulation Design
- Automotive Technology
- Business and Office Technology options:
- Accounting Technology and Office Systems Technology
- Gaming Management classes
- Culinary Arts Technology
- Early Childhood Education Technology
- Electrical Technology
- Industrial Maintenance Technology
- Practical Nursing
- Residential Carpentry
- Transition to RN Program
- Welding and Cutting Technology
When you are ready to register for classes for the upcoming semester, we invite you to visit with a Hinds Counselor on the Vicksburg Campus who will advise you and help you select the right courses. Download a Vicksburg Program Guide; or for more information about our classes, please contact the Counseling Office at 601.629.6803.
Our Career Center offers and opportunity for high school students to explore careers early. We offer programs in these areas:
- Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Automotive Technology
- Career Pathways Experience
- Dual Practical Nursing
- Early Childhood Education
- Culinary Arts
- Health Sciences
- Law & Public Safety
- Machine Tool
- Marketing Management
- Simulation and Animation Design
Ask your high school counselor about signing up for one of these programs.
Students on the Vicksburg Campus enjoy a small campus environment with opportunity to get to know fellow students, faculty and staff. We offer the following:
- Intramural sports scheduled throughout the year, as well as an on-campus Disc Golf Course
- On-Campus special events, such as Welcome Week, Spring Fever, Homecoming, and more
- Associated Student Government
- Phi Theta Kappa
- Phi Beta Lambda
- Alpha Beta Gamma
- Student Practical Nursing Organization
- English Club
- Film Club
Questions about getting involved?
Associated Student Government
Phi Theta Kappa
Phi Beta Lambda
Practical Nursing Student Organization
Alpha Beta Gamma
English Club & Film Club
The Vicksburg Campus offers comprehensive students services including Admissions, Counseling and Advising, Financial Aid, Business Office, ACCUPLACER testing, the Residual ACT, and online course proctored testing.
In addition, we offer these support services:
The Vicksburg Campus offers free tutoring to Hinds students in our campus math lab. For lab hours, contact Teresa Johnson at 601.629.6839.
For any writing assistance including grammar, sentence structure and proof-reading, visit our writing lab for free tutoring. For details contact Margaret Bell at 601.629.6856.
Stop by our Single Stop office for unique support services that will help meet your personal needs while you are pursing your college degree! Some of the FREE benefits screenings offered through Single Stop include assistance with foods stamps, Medicaid, housing, public assistance, social security, disability SSI, transportation, mental health care, domestic violence services, foster-care placement, food vouchers, debt solution, credit report, financial planning, maintaining small business, free tax preparation, and legal advice. For questions, contact Felicia Jones at Felicia.Jones1@hindscc.edu or 601.629.6831.
Train for a job while you earn your GED! MI-Best is a unique program for students who wish to pursue a GED and enroll in college courses at the same time to prepare for a career. For more information about applying to Mi-Best, contact Lauren Powers, at Lauren.Powers@hindscc.edu or 601.629.6873.
We offer GED testing and free GED preparation classes. Hinds also offers college scholarships to GED recipients. Learn more here or call 601.629.6873.
We invite you to visit! If you would like to schedule an individual or group tour, please submit a tour request here or call 601.857.3767 to schedule an appointment.
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Vicksburg Campus Phone Directory