Financial Aid Processes & Policies



  1. Apply for admission to Hinds Community College. In order to disburse financial aid, students must meet  admission requirements.

  2. Apply for Hinds Community College Foundation Scholarships. Read scholarships application carefully some have additional application requirements and early deadlines.

  3. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).


Continuing Students

  1. Renewal Applications are available for all students who filed the FAFSA the prior year.  Please use your renewal application instead of completing a new form by using the PIN sent to you by the Department of Education. The FAFSA needs to be submitted by the April 1 priority deadline in order to be considered for all types of financial aid.

  2. You will need the Hinds Community College School Code, 002407, to complete the FAFSA form. Entering the school code will ensure that Hinds Community College receives your information electronically.

  3. Complete your financial aid file by submitting all documents requested to the Financial Aid Office. This may include student's and/or parent's tax transcript, Financial Aid Payment and Policy Notification Form,and other forms, or documents required by federal, state, and Hinds Community College to complete your file.


The Office of Financial Aid is required by the Federal Department of Education to inform all students of policies related to financial aid. The following policies are important for you to read and understand.

PDF Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy

PDFFinancial Aid Letter of Appeal

Return to Title IV

PDFInstitutional Scholarship

PDFStudent Financial Aid Award Letter Policy

PDF Student Loan Code of Conduct

PDF Financial Aid Facts

 PDFUnusual Enrollment History Policy