Canvas Faculty Training
General Information regarding Canvas Integration
The eLearning and Information Technology departments at each institution are already working on the back-end implementation and setup of Canvas for our colleges. Once this set up is complete the eLearning office will begin training faculty and staff on the new platform. The system will "go live" for the summer 2013 term to students.
The eLearning staff is looking forward to this challenge and very excited about the changes that are being made to improve teaching and learning. This is what you can expect with Canvas:
- Clean, intuitive user interface, featuring drag and drop usability throughout
- Notification options for faculty and students using Facebook, Twitter, text message and more
- Significantly faster tools for grading (SpeedGrader) and various grade comment options
- iPad compatible and free mobile apps
- Wikis, RSS feeds, and web conferencing integrations
- And much more...
Here is a short video on some of the features you will find in Canvas.
|Need something to keep next to your desk? We have customized a Cheat Sheet that covers all the basics for Canvas. Just click here to download.
Please watch these short tutorials before attending any face-to-face workshop sessions.
For a full list of video tutorials, visit the Canvas Video Guide
Additional Training Material