Hinds Community College is proud to offer the following ACT scholarships to eligible recipients:
- Faculty Scholarship: ACT 21-24, $4,000 total scholarship package.
- Deans Scholarship: ACT 25-28, $6,000 total scholarship package.
- Presidential Scholarship: ACT 29 and above, $12,000 total scholarship package.
* The amounts listed above are divided equally over 4 consecutive semesters.
Criteria to be eligible to receive and retain an ACT scholarship:
- Be a Mississippi resident
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be a first-time entering freshman (Hinds must be the first college you attend after receiving your high school diploma or GED)
- Submit all admission requirements to Hinds Community College
- Submit an official ACT composite score of 21 or above before the first day of class
- Enroll in and be marked present in 15 or more credit hours each semester
- Complete each semester with 12 or more credit hours
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- The scholarship award amount is based on the highest ACT composite score on file in the Office of Admissions before the first day of classes
- Scholarship award amounts cannot be changed by submitting a new score after the first day of classes
- ACT Scholarships are awarded for four consecutive semesters (ACT scholarships do not cover summer terms)
No application is required for the ACT Scholarship! Once all criteria are met, eligible recipients will be awarded this scholarship automatically. The appropriate award amount will be posted to the eligible student’s account 10 days prior to the first day of classes. For more information, please see the ACT Scholarship Policy in the student handbook or call 601.857.3767 or 1.800.HINDSCC.