Map of Raymond Campus
An application for graduation should be submitted to the administrative office of any campus or the Office of Admissions and Records on the Raymond Campus no later than the sixth week of the semester the student plans to graduate. Applications may be mailed, emailed or faxed - see contact information below.
No degrees or certificates will be awarded until all degree requirements have been met, including the payment of all fees owed to the College. A student may graduate under the requirements of the published catalog for the current year or under the graduation requirements of the published catalog for the year the student entered Hinds Community College. Requirements, however, may not be divided between the two.
A student may meet the requirements for graduation by complying with the following:
1. Follow the General Program requirements for the Associate of Arts Degree, which are given in the "Academic Programs of Study" section of the Hinds Community College Catalog, or
2. Select a specialized field of study and follow the curriculum which is outlined for it in the Hinds Community College catalog, or
3. Comply with the catalog requirements of the first two years of a specified four-year accredited college or university to which the student will transfer. This transfer curriculum must calculate to 62 transferable hours. Fifteen of these transferable hours must be drawn from and include at least one course from each of the following areas: English; humanities/fine arts; social/behavioral sciences; and natural science/mathematics. The courses selected should be survey courses rather than applied courses.
4. Associate in Applied Science Degree, Career Certificate, and Technical Certificate students are required to take an Occupation-Specific Assessment as part of their program of study, unless a program of study requires a certification or licensure examination for professional practice.
5. A minimum quality point average of 2.0 is required in order to graduate. The 2.0 GPA may be calculated using either of the two following methods. Both of these calculations will only include courses completed at Hinds Community College:
- GPA of 2.0 calculated on all hours attempted
- GPA of 2.0 calculated only on courses required for graduation
Developmental courses may not be used to meet graduation requirements. If a student has met one of the above-mentioned criteria, he or she may transfer up to 46 semester hours back to HCC from a regionally accredited institution in order to receive a Hinds degree.
Applications may be emailed to: Records@hindscc.edu; faxed to: 601-857-3539; mailed to: Hinds Community College, Admissions and Records, PO Box 1100, Raymond, MS 39154
Note: Graduation exercises are held in the Summer, Fall and Spring semesters.