- The commencement exercise will start promptly at the scheduled time, so guests should report at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the commencement exercise.
- The doors to the main seating area will be closed 5 minutes prior to the start of the commencement exercises. Guests arriving after this time will be directed to a holding area as space is available. Live viewing of the ceremony will be available.
- To prevent crowded hallways, please do not accompany your graduate to the graduate check-in and assembly area. Please go directly to the main seating area to acquire a seat.
- Graduates will not be allowed to wear corsages or to carry personal items into the ceremony. Please assist them by holding these items for them until after the ceremony.
- Guests should stand during both the processional and the recessional parts of the ceremony. Please allow all graduates to exit the auditorium during the recessional before leaving your seating area.
- Please remind your graduates of their opportunity to have a formal cap and gown picture made with a photographer before or after the ceremony. Also, remind them of the opportunity to receive photos of them receiving their diploma on stage during the ceremony. Your graduate will receive proofs of these photos via e-mail within a few days of graduation for possible purchase. Your graduate will also receive proofs from the photographer several weeks after the ceremony. This photographer is not affiliated with Hinds Community College.
- Guests requiring special assistance should contact the District Admissions Office at 601.857.3212.
- Please hold applause for your graduate until all of the graduates for that degree have been presented. This will allow those guests around you to hear their graduate’s name called. Your assistance with holding applause for individual graduates will aid us in properly recognizing each graduate participating in the commencement exercise.
- Hinds Community College is proud to announce the live webcast of our commencement exercises. High speed internet access is required for viewing. Click here for instructions for viewing the Webcast. Commencement exercises will be archived at this site. Please share this information with family and friends who may be unable to attend the ceremony. Hinds Community College is proud of your graduate’s accomplishments and we take great joy in sharing this celebration with as many virtual guests as possible.