International students with appropriate scholastic records and proven English proficiency will be considered for admission as freshmen or as transfer students. Freshman applicants must be graduates of recognized secondary schools comparable in level to the American high school. Transfer applicants are considered on the basis of transcripts from their secondary school records and records of post-secondary studies (college, technical school, etc.) Applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit a score from the Test of English as a Foreign Language. Minimum scores are 173 on the computer version or 61 on the internet version. Information regarding this test may be obtained by writing to:
TOEFL, Educational Testing Service P.O. Box 6155 Princeton, NJ, USA 08541-6155609.921.9000FAX: 609.279.9146 http://www.toefl.org
The following materials must be in the office of the International Student Advisor at least 60 days before the beginning of the semester in which admission is desired:
• Application for admission
• Official scholastic records evaluated by a US evaluation service if study was completed outside the United States, or official transcripts sent from the student's high school or college if study was completed within the United States. All high school transcripts must show a graduation (completion) date. Information regarding evaluation services is available on the college website or from the international student office.
• Affidavit-of-support completed by the sponsor of the student with supporting bank documents.
• TOEFL scores or results of a personal interview with the foreign student advisor and scores on any entrance tests which may be required by the college [taken after arrival].
• Students applying for transfer from colleges within the United States must submit an International Student Transfer Form completed by their current international student advisor before they may be considered for transfer, and they must be eligible for immediate re-admission to that institution. The form will be provided to the student as part of the application process.
International Student Office PMB 10457 HCC P.O. Box 1100 Raymond, MS 39154, USA
All required information must be on file at the college before an I-20 document will be issued to a prospective student. Other than the application, all required materials should be sent to the following address:
Telephone: 601.857.3382 Fax: 601.857.1221
Tuition and Fees for International Students