Mission & Vision
The mission of Hinds Community College, a public comprehensive community college, is to offer high quality education through relevant and diverse programs and resources for persons with various interests and abilities by:
- Providing academic college transfer programs that lead to an associate’s degree and fulfill the first two years of a bachelor’s degree.
- Providing career/technical programs that respond to industry and community needs and lead to professional credentials, a certificate, and/or an Associate in Applied Science degree.
- Providing continuing education programs for adults in the community that enhance cultural enrichment and promote lifelong learning.
- Providing customized training or short courses, seminars, and workshops for business, government, social, and civic entities that results in organizational improvement, promotes economic growth, and meet educational and service needs.
- Providing dual credit, dual enrollment, and basic education courses and programs that cultivate academic success leading to high school equivalency or entry to college-level courses.