Application For Foundation Scholarships
The following documents are required and must be received by March 1st to be considered for a Foundation Scholarship:
Please note: students wishing to be considered on the basis of financial need must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Application for Admission to Hinds Community College. Apply online at www.hindscc.edu.
- Application for Foundation Scholarships including a summary of why you feel you should be considered for a scholarship,
a list of your achievements and a brief statement of any special financial needs.
- High school and/or college transcripts (can be an unofficial transcript), demonstrating a cumulative GPA of at least 2.00.
Transcripts sent to the Admissions Office are not available to the scholarship committee.
- Copy of your ACT scores (if not posted on your high school transcript) or GED scores (if applicable).
- Three letters of recommendations from individuals (ex. from school, church, community/civic organizations, or work).
You may use the standard recommendation form found on the Foundation Scholarship webpage (www.hindscc.edu/DFSA).
It is the studentâ€™s responsibility to provide copies of the form to the individuals who are providing their
recommendations and to have those submitted by the March 1st deadline.
and have results on file in the Hinds CC Financial Aid Office by March 1st.
All information must be postmarked to Enrollment Services, P. O. Box 1100, Raymond, MS, 39154-1100,
or hand-delivered to 1st floor, Fountain Hall on the Raymond Campus or submitted online on or before March 1st.
Write a summary about yourself and why you feel you should be considered for a scholarship:
Please include Personality Traits/Social and Leadership Abilities.)
List of Achievements/Extracurricular Activities/Community Service/Work Experience:
By entering my birth date and initials below, I am certifying that all the information provided by me or any other person on this form is true to the best of my knowledge.
I understand that this application does not guarantee me a scholarship.
I further understand that I must fully comply with all guidelines governing the scholarship if awarded (
see College Catalog and Handbook).
All information must be submitted by March 1st to:
Hinds Community College Office of Enrollment Services,
P. O. Box 1100,
Raymond, MS 39154-1100
or delivered to the Office of Enrollment Services on the first floor of Fountain Hall, Raymond Campus.