Physical Therapist Assistant, AAS
Process for Selection:
Application for Admission to Hinds Community College.
Application for Selection to the Physical Therapist Assistant Program.
Validation of high school graduation by official high school transcript, GED equivalency transcript, or college transcript.
Official transcripts from all colleges attended, except Hinds Community College.
ACT composite score of 18 (if taken before October 1989 - 15).
1. Deadline for file completion for fall classes is March 31st.
2. Individuals who have submitted all required admission documents by the specified deadline will be considered for program admission based on a rating scale that includes: ACT Composite Score with sub-score; GPA on PTA prerequisites to Healthcare Experience I, PTA 1111; and previous certificates/degrees.
3. Applicants not selected for a class may reapply for subsequent classes by submitting a new application for selection to the Physical Therapist Assistant Program.
Prerequisites to Healthcare Experience I, PTA 1111:
1. Must have completed Anatomy and Physiology I and II with labs and College Algebra with a 2.5 GPA. Only the first two attempts in required science and math courses with be considered for acceptance into the program.
2. Science courses take prior to admission must have been completed with a grade of C or better, within five years of entering the first physical therapist assistant class.
Upon Admission: Students are required to furnish a current health form signed by a physician. The health form that lists what required health information and test needed can be obtained from the Hinds Community College website. This health information is necessary to go to the clinical sites for clinical training that will begin in the Fall semester of the first year. Therefore, it must be completed and submitted to Angie Burt, Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education by the end of the second week of the first fall semester.
The health form should include proof of immunization for measles and rubella.
Physical Therapist Assistant Student Outcomes