• Diagnostic Medical Sonography, AAS
• Diagnostic Medical Sonography, TC
The Hinds Community College Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) upon the recommendation of the Accreditation Committee for Educational Programs for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRC-DMS).
Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography2025 Woodlane DriveSt. Paul, MN 55125-2998Phone: 651-731-1582
CAAHEP Contact Information:
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
1361 Park Street
Clearwater, FL 33756
JRC-DMS Contact Information:
An entry-level sonographer should be able to:
• Obtain, review and integrate pertinent history and clinical data to facilitate optimum diagnostic results.
• Perform appropriate procedures and record anatomic, pathologic and/or physiologic data for interpretation by a physician.
• Record, analyze and process diagnostic data and other pertinent observations made during the procedure for presentation to the interpreting physician.
• Exercise discretion and judgment in the performance of sonographic non-invasive and invasive diagnostic services.
• Demonstrate appropriate communication skills with patients and colleagues.
• Act in a professional and ethical manner. Provide patient education related to medical sonography and promote principles of good health.