Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: What if I can't log into Canvas?

A: If you have followed the instructions on the Elearning Canvas page and still cannot log in, call the E-Learning Department at 601-857-3257.

Q: What if I cannot log into My.Hinds to see my grades, or Go.Hinds to check my email?

A: Go to the Online Instruction Sheet for the login format. If you have entered the correct information according to the instructions, and are still getting a message that says your username or password is incorrect, call the Support Center at 601-857-3344.

Q: Can students get to the Internet on campus through a wireless connection?

A: If a student has their own computer, and wants to connect to the internet, they can in the dorms on the Raymond Campus, and in the libraries, and possibly the courtyards outside the libraries.

Q: If the website I am trying to get to is blocked by Hinds, how would I be able to get to it if I need that site?

A: On the Access Denied message, you will see a link that says "To submit this blocked site for review, click here". You will then be able to send an email for the website to be considered for removal from the blocked category.

Q: My classmate is able to log into the Hinds network with his own credentials, what are my credentials, and how would I log into the network?

A: That information is found on the Online Services page at: to Online Services.pdf. At registration, you would have received your user name and password. The basic format is: User Name: the first initial of your last name plus your full Hinds ID #. Password: first initial of your first name + first initial of your last name + your birthdate in the form of 6 numbers + $ (dollar sign).

Q: How can I get a telephone installed in my room?

A: The college does not provide this for you, but you may contact BellSouth to get that installed. To get this done, call 1-888-757-6500, and the information you will need to provide is:
  1. Give your Dorm office phone #
  2. Give your name and room #
  3. You will also need to give the physical address of the college:
    501 East Main St. Raymond, MS 39154
  4. Address of person responsible for the bill.

Q: How can I see how much RAM memory, the type of processor, and the version of Windows I am running on my computer?